Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Does Mrs. Book-in-Hand Like Everything



Yes, I have an avatar!  Believe it or not, I use to look this way in high school!

Do I like everything I read?   NO!

Like you I have likes and dislikes:
I like bumper cars, I don't like rides that whip you around!
I like pizza, I don't like liver!
I like mystery books, I don't like Science Fiction

I read many things to have an idea of what is out there, so that I can match books to customer.

I just finished reading One Hundred Cupboards (not in our library).  A young man has lost his parents (I'm not exactly sure how), and is living with his aunt and uncle.  In this house, one door does not open...(funny part) the uncle tries a variety of ways to getting it opened. Did I mention it has been locked for over two years?  There are bumps in the night.  The plaster in the room begins to fall, and a door is revealed.  And with a lot of work--99 others.

For me, the book was not the greatest....and there were lots of things missing from the story (my opinion).  It didn't have an ending...it looks like the beginning of a series.   However, if a student were wanting this type of book, then I would suggest it.  Who knows they may like it??? 

My suggestion to you--preview the book--look at the jacket, maybe visit the author's website, read the first page or two.  If you don't like it...Why waste your time on it.  (Unless of course, it is a book that is read by the whole class)